Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Post office needs a redesign.

My problem with the post office is that it is too darn confusing. If you knew nothing about the services they offer and wanted to get a package delivered in the shortest period of time, which service would you choose?  Priority, Express, or First Class?  Compare this with UPS.  UPS Ground, 2nd Day, and Overnight.  See what I mean?  Also, when in the post office, it is unclear whether certain packages will be shipped appropriately if placed in certain bins so help from a postal worker is often needed which wastes time.  And their tracking is horrendous.  Most times I receive my package before it leaves some sorting center across the country, according to their tracking, and I have had numerous instances where the tracking still says the package is in transit a month after its delivery.  

I think the Mail Carriers may be right.  Restructure the post office with business minded people - of course they will cost money, won't they?  Maybe some of that Lance Armstrong sponsorship money could help.  Nothing against LA, but his greatest claim to fame is a race outside the US, well - maybe his cancer... But hopefully my point is made.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment