Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I am skeptical:

I recently sold my smartphone registered on Verizon and not only did it take me about 6 hours to do so because of a bug in their list/stolen database, but I was subject to being called a liar by one of the 10 or so Verizon reps I had to go through and I was completely embarrassed because I looked like a degenerate to the buyer  i coincidentally also had at least 3 'dropped' calls with the Verizon reps. which doesn't happen when I am speaking to anyone other than Verizon reps. 

When I sold the phone, I had already registered a new phone on the account and for whatever reason Verizon had accidentally marked the phone I was selling as lost or stolen AND 5 out of 6 reps at the first level of support couldn't even see that the phone I was selling had ever been on my account. I had used it for over 4 months. 

In the end, the lost and stolen group at Verizon said they had made a mistake and took the phone off the list.  Could you imagine if there was a multi-carrier database?  Ugh!  I can't. Seems to me that it is just another layer of bureaucracy that will allow the carriers to point blame outside of themselves and maintain this artificially bloated pricing on smartphones and service. 

Major U.S. Carriers Agree to Develop Centralized Database to Track Stolen Mobile Phones - MacRumors.com
http://www.macrumors.com/2012/04/10/major-u-s-carriers-agree-to-develop-centralized-database-to-track-stolen-mobile-phones/

No comments:

Post a Comment