Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Google Voice Just Rocked My World!

I just noticed that Google Voice added SMS to Email functionality.  What I mean is, SMS messages sent to my Google Voice account show up in my email mailbox and I can reply to them from my email application and never have to use an SMS client.

I have been testing out SMS on a MyTouch 3G and the Google Voice application is lacking in push SMS so sometimes I don't receive SMS messages for, well - I never receive them unless I open the Google Voice application.  But now I get them as fast as email.  Awesome!

What is even better is that the SMS fees charged by wireless providers, which were the most expensive cost per bit of data on the planet, are now obsolete - or at least will be when Google Voice rolls out to the masses.

This is a big slap in the face to the wireless carriers that just INCREASED their fees for SMS charges and have been raking the people over the coals for years.

Way to go Google!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment