Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I give up on YouTube.

The stars have to align just right for me to get a solid 1 minute of
video out of YouTube. Not counting paid content or movie trailers.
Basically commercials work awesome. Average Joe videos, not so much.
Funny thing: Netflix - flawless. Hulu - flawless. Vevo - flawless.
On my 18Mbps connection every other streaming service works
flawlessly.

Google obviously has some sort of bandwidth throttling going on with
the intention of giving the best service to the most users, and to
paid content, but from where I am sitting, they are failing. I
honestly don't know why I bother anymore. Free only goes so far. At
this point I feel like I have to use tools that download the YouTube
videos in their entirety first if I want to watch a YouTube video.

😡

I would consider pointing the finger of blame at local ISPs, but given
that 1080p movie trailers on YouTube work fine, ISPs being to blame
just doesn't seem likely. I wonder if a Chrome bandwidth metering
extension could help. Keep that data 10 good seconds ahead of the
video being played.

Something. Anything!

http://www.youtube.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment